As new technology continues to raise guest expectations, upgrading to devices like SMART TVs is key to keeping up. Explore the five considerations that can help you ensure satisfaction with the customized experiences customers are demanding.
The TV is the design and media center of the hotel room. It’s the first thing your guests see and has the greatest impact on the overall impression of an establishment. Hoteliers must meet or exceed the technology that their guests already have in their living rooms. As new technology continues to raise guest expectations, upgrading to devices like SMART TVs is key to keeping up.
Let’s explore five IT considerations for the media-centric hotel room.
- Design – TV design for hoteliers comes down to maximizing the experience and providing a living room environment within the constraints of room size and setup. Room size should always be taken into consideration when choosing the right size TV.
2) Technology – Implementing the latest display technologies helps reduce energy consumption, providing cost savings that can add up.
3) Smart/Internet Connected TV – Keeping up with consumer expectations for a Smart TV experience is critical to guest satisfaction.
4) Content Management – Unleashing the best content available requires the proper digital rights management (DRM) and infrastructure.
Effective DRM solutions are necessary to provide the latest content. Utilize software DRM to save money, increase reliability, enhance quality, simplify administration/remediation.
Benefits of IP vs. Coax
- Eliminates Set-Top Boxes
- Cost Effective
- Simplifies Install
- Future-Proof Centralized Management/Updates
5) Mobile Device Support and Screen Sharing – Built-in screen sharing technologies allow users to bring their own media and eliminate the need for hotels to supply in-room speakers and docks for mobile devices.