With the winter season in full swing, now is a great time to check your PTAC units to make sure they will operate to their full potential.
Here are top 5 tips to keep your PTAC in cooling shape:
- Make sure to keep the filter clean. All you have the do is remove the filter, vacuum it, and then put it back in its place. However, if the filter is extremely dirty, you may have to go a step further and use a mild soap in order to clean it properly because if you don’t, the air flow will still be blocked.
- Check things like the thermostat, switches, power cords and controls. It is very important that all of these items work properly. If one of the power cords go bad, then a replacement is a definite must.
- Confirm there are no air leaks by checking the unit where it’s sealed against the wall. If there are leaks, make sure that you get them repaired as soon as possible.
- Clean the coils. Here you might have to use a professional coil cleaner if the coils are extremely dirty. However, make sure that you use the appropriate cleaner because some may be too harsh for indoor coils, while others are designed to be used on outdoor coils.
- Finally, make sure that you check any obstructions that may be located near the unit that could be causing problems. For example, trees or shrubs that may be too close to the unit could cause air flow problems, causing the unit not to work properly.
Do you have any tips of your own?
Let us know!